Jump to navigation Jump to search
Trichofolliculoma is an uncommon benign dermatologic neoplasm.
- Irregular hair follicle (basilar nest of cells with an acellular hair shaft) with:
- Smaller satellites (follicles) consisting of well-circumscribed basilar cells.
- Lack artificial clefting between the (basilar) nests and stroma (seen in BCC).
- Surrounding stroma does not have a basophilic tingle (seen in BCC).
- ↑ Busam, Klaus J. (2009). Dermatopathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series (1st ed.). Saunders. pp. 382. ISBN 978-0443066542.