Jump to navigation Jump to search
Child abuse presentations
- Classic: has the triad - murder vs. other homicide
- Isolated head injury - accident vs. homicide
- No evidence of head injury - only medical.
Outrages in forensic pathology
Defense pathologist opinions:
- Saddle embolus due to "cocaine thickened blood" - in a gut shot in the liver with a shotgun.
- Histiocystosis X - in a guy with a head injury that was 7 weeks on a ventilator.
- Connective tissue disorder - a in a victim with a retroperitoneal hematoma.
Favourite pimping questions
- Types of decomposition? (Dr. Rose)
- A. putrefaction, adipocere, mummification.
- DDx of cone of foam at the mouth?
- A. Opioids, drowning, CHF. Due to pulmonary edema.
- The loose benign things assoc. with the thyroid cartilage? (Dr. Tanguay)
- A. Triticeal cartilage.
- Causes of sudden cardiac death?
- Atherosclerotic coronary artery disease, ARVC, hypertensive heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy, aortic stenosis.