Jump to navigation Jump to search
The terminal bar is a cytologic finding in ciliated cells that suggests benignancy.
- Terminal bar present = strong indicator that the cell is benign.
- Dense band-like region in the luminal aspect of the cell.
- Dark blue colour on Pap stain.
- Typically seen together with cilia.
- Van Le, L.; Novotny, D.; Dotters, DJ. (Nov 1991). "Distinguishing tubal metaplasia from endocervical dysplasia on cervical Papanicolaou smears.". Obstet Gynecol 78 (5 Pt 2): 974-6. PMID 1923244.
- Sciallis, AP.; Aubry, MC.; Bell, DA. (Sep 2009). "Ciliated adenocarcinoma of the ovary with evidence of serous differentiation: report of a case.". Int J Gynecol Pathol 28 (5): 447-52. doi:10.1097/PGP.0b013e3181a0717f. PMID 19696614.