(Redirected from Splenectomy)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The spleen is typically removed as it is enlarged (splenomegaly) and/or a source of bleeding.
- Weight specimen.
- Cut for fixation.
- Tissue for flow cytometry - if applicable.
- Weight: ___ grams.
- Dimensions: ___ x ___ x ___ cm.
- External surface: [ smooth, negative for lesions, negative for lacerations / adhesions / lacerations / other ___ ].
- Cut surface - colour: [ brown / dark red colour ].
- Lesion(s): number of lesions, size ___ cm, location [ periphery/central ], colour, consistency [ firm/soft ].
- Lymph node(s): [ present - number ___, size ___ cm / absent ].
- Any lesions - at least representative.
- Uninvolved spleen - 3 to 5 sections.
- Lymph node(s).