From Libre Pathology
- Presence is used as a basis for litigation.
- Foreign body-type granulomas with giant cells.
- Translucent foreign material - seen with polarized light.
Breast Nodule, Right Lateral, Excision: - Consistent with siliconoma; benign fibradipose tissue with inflammation, and foreign body granulomas. - NEGATIVE for definite breast parenchyma. - NEGATIVE for evidence of malignancy.
- Montserrat et al., "Silicone granuloma (siliconoma) secondary to liquid injectable silicone: Report of two cases," Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2011.11.869. Accessed on: 19 September 2018.
- Austad, ED. (Apr 2002). "Breast implant-related silicone granulomas: the literature and the litigation.". Plast Reconstr Surg 109 (5): 1724-30; discussion 1731-2. PMID 11932626.
- URL: http://granuloma.homestead.com/granuloma_foreignbody.html. Accessed on: 22 January 2012.
- URL: http://dermatology-s10.cdlib.org/147/letter/silicone/ricotti.html. Accessed on: 22 January 2012.