Respiratory bronchiolitis-interstitial lung disease
(Redirected from Respiratory bronchiolitis-associated interstitial lung disease)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Respiratory_bronchiolitis-interstitial_lung_disease, abbreviated RBILD and RB-ILD, is a type of diffuse lung disease.
It is also known as respiratory bronchiolitis-associated interstitial lung disease.
- May be an early version of desquamative interstitial pneumonia (DIP).
- Associated with smoking.
- Brown pigmented airspace macrophages - smoker's macrophages - key feature.
- Cannot count (distinct) granules.
- Inflammation of the terminal bronchioles.
- The histologic features of RBILD may be present peri-tumoural.
- Hemosiderin-laden macrophages have coarse granules - that one can count.
- ↑ Leslie, Kevin O.; Wick, Mark R. (2004). Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach (1st ed.). Churchill Livingstone. pp. 197-8. ISBN 978-0443066313.