Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Measured with several units.
- Abbreviated Gy.
- Abbreviated Sv.
- "Biologic effect"/mass.
- X = fiddle factor for type of tissue and type of radiation.
- dose = dose in Gray.
- <0.5 Gy no histologic change.
- 1-2 Gy proliferating cells die.
- 10 Gy overt necrosis.
- Solid tumours ~ 60 to 80 Gy.
- Lymphoma ~ 20 to 40 Gy.
- DNA damage is thought to depend on reactive oxygen species.
- Therefore, poorly oxygenated and poorly vascularized tissues are less sensitive to radiation exposures/treatments.
- Radiation oncology (wikibooks.org) - has substantial content and includes the AJCC staging.