Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada
Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians of Canada is what (pathology) residents in Canada aspire to become. It is commonly abbreviated FRCPC.
- Duration: 3.0 hours.
- Format: 28 short answer questions.
- Covers: everything.
- Duration: 2 x 1 hour = 2 hours.
- Format: short answer - one diagnosis, unless otherwise specified.
- Covers: surgical pathology only.
- Duration: 90 minutes.
- Format: three PowerPoint presentations.
- Covers: forensic pathology, gross pathology and cytopathology.
- Duration: 60 minutes to review + 60 minutes for questions = 2 hours.
- Format: review five H&E slides then get quizzed for one hour.
- Covers: microscopic Dx/DDx - quality control, quality assurance, cytology possible.
- The slides are often diagnostic; however, they may not be straight forward.
The pass rate for first attempt candidates in 2009-2011 for graduates of Canadian medical schools and Canadian residencies was 96+/-3.9%.
Maintence of certification
- Abbreviated MOC.
Enter CPD activity
- Right bottom "Enter a CPD activity".
- URL: http://rcpsc.medical.org/residency/certification/pass_rate_percentages_e.php. Accessed on: 11 May 2012.