Acquired digital fibrokeratoma
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- May be due to trauma.
- Well circumscribed nodule.
- Acanthotic epidermis.
- Fibrotic dermis with "vertically oriented" collagen bundles.
- "Vertically oriented": deep to superficial (as opposed to along the surface of the skin).
Skin Lesion, Left Fifth Digit, Excision: - Acquired digital fibrokeratoma. Comment: Acquired digital fibrokeratoma is a benign skin lesion. Trauma may play a role in its formation.
- Shih S, Khachemoune A (February 2019). "Acquired digital fibrokeratoma: review of its clinical and dermoscopic features and differential diagnosis". Int J Dermatol 58 (2): 151–158. doi:10.1111/ijd.14046. PMID 29777543.
- Mancuso CJ, Magro CM, Lipner SR (June 2019). "Acquired digital fibrokeratoma presenting as a painless nodule on the right fifth fingernail". Cutis 103 (6): 340–342. PMID 31348447.