(Redirected from Leiomyoma of colon)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Colonic leiomyoma, also leiomyoma of the colon, is a rare tumour of the colon.
Leiomyomas, in general, are dealt with in the leiomyoma article.
- May present as a colonic polyp.
- +/-Polypoid mass.
- Spindle cells arranged in fascicles.
- Fascicular appearance: adjacent groups of cells have their long axis perpendicular to one another; looks somewhat like a braided hair that was cut.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour - more common.
- Schwannoma - classically has a lymphocytic cuff.
- SMA +ve.
- Desmin +ve.
- CD117 -ve.
- S-100 -ve.