Cervical cone grossing
This article deals with cervical cone grossing. Cervical conization, is a common gynecologic procedure.
Larger cervical cancers are dealt with by radical hysterectomy or radical trachelectomy.
- Type: cone biopsy.
- Dimensions: ___ x ___ x ___ cm.
- Orientation: [not oriented/short stitch at 12 o'clock and a long stitch at 3 o'clock].
- Exocervical mucosa: [smooth and white].
- Endocervical mucosa: [rough and pink].
- Inking of endocervical margin: [green]
- Inking of remainder of margin: [black].
- Gross lesion: [not identified/tan brown lesion measures ___ x ___ x ___ cm, ___ cm from the [nearest margin]].
- Submitted clockwise starting at 12 o'clock, in total in blocks A to D.
Typically the blocks will be as follows:
- Block A: 12-3 o’clock.
- Block B: 3-6 o’clock.
- Block C: 6-9 o’clock.
- Block D: 9-12 o’clock.