Jump to navigation Jump to search
Neuroma is a benign non-neoplastic growth of nervous tissue composed of nerve fibres and Schwann cells.
Not otherwise specified, it usually refers to traumatic neuroma.
Other types neuromas:
- Acoustic neuroma - this is misnonmer; it is actually a Schwannoma.
- Palisaded encapsulated neuroma.
- Morton neuroma (plantar interdigital neuroma) - lesion in the foot, due to chronic nerve compression.
- URL: http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/softtissueneuroma.html. Accessed on: 22 January 2014.
- Perry, Arie; Brat, Daniel J. (2010). Practical Surgical Neuropathology: A Diagnostic Approach: A Volume in the Pattern Recognition series (1st ed.). Churchill Livingstone. pp. 238. ISBN 978-0443069826.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.